I’m probably one of the very few people on this Earth who doesn’t have a bucket list, or even an idea of what I would put on it if I had one. Since I know I’m not the only person who doesn’t have one, I’ll fill you in on exactly what a bucket list is.
A bucket list is : a number of experiences or achievements that a person hopes to have or accomplish during their lifetime. Ughhh, there’s so many thing’s I’d like to do before i depart from this world, but I consider those long and short term goals. So to clear up my confusion between the two, I took a glance at Celestine Chua’s blog post on 101 things to do before you die.
May I say that this post gave me so many ideas to add to my bucket list and I’m here today to share them with you guys. Before I do that, I want to share with you the questions that I asked myself prior to creating my list. They are:
- What if you were to die tomorrow? What would you wish you could do before you die?
- What would you do if you had unlimited time, money and resources?
- What have you always wanted to do but have not done yet?
- Any countries, places or locations you want to visit?
- What are your biggest goals and dreams?
- What do you want to see in person?
- What achievements do you want to have?
- What experiences do you want to have / feel?
- Are there any special moments you want to witness?
- What activities or skills do you want to learn or try out?
- What are the most important things you can ever do?
- What would you like to say/do together with other people? People you love? Family? Friends?
- Are there any specific people you want to meet in person?
- What do you want to achieve in the different areas: Social, Love, Family, Career, Finance, Health (Your weight, Fitness level), Spiritual?
- What do you need to do to lead a life of the greatest meaning?
Many of the questions above can be related to long term/short term goals but try to apply them to your bucket list as best as possible. Here is my very own bucket list:
MY BUCKET LIST
- Travel the World
- Learn another Language
- Run for a Cause
- Go Scuba Diving
- Climb a Mountain
- Volunteer for a Cause
- Be a Mentor
- Start a Business
- Take a Hot Air Balloon Ride
- Dance shoe-less in the Rain
- Plant a Tree
- Write Book
- Get a complete Makeover
- Throw a Huge Party
- Take a Social Etiquette Class
- Go on a Road Trip
- Get Closure from the past
- Bury old hatchets
- Visit a Volcano
- Fly a Helicopter
- Help someone in need
- Change the world
So far this is what I’ve came up with. I’ll continue to add to it periodically and make sure to cross of every item as I accomplish them. I’m going to print this list out and frame it in my office so I have a constant reminder that I have things to accomplish! Now, who wants to share their Bucket List with me?